Wednesday, June 15, 2011

two views of the eiffel tower; influences part two


While I was making this drawing, I was thinking about two things:

1. I really want to go to France, specifically Paris. I am completely jealous of the lovely and fashionable woman for whom this sweet little statue was a treasured souvenir.

2. From a wholly different angle, I was thinking about the amazing documentary Married to the Eiffel Tower.

This is relevant to the project, I promise.
The film explores the relationship between human and object taken beyond its logical extreme.

If consideration/distribution were a class, watching Married to the Eiffel Tower would be extra credit. It adds a certain layer to the exploration of the meaning of objects.

1 comment:

  1. hi anna. thanks for the fabulous drawing of my eiffel tower - it is so beautiful! it was a wonderful surprise waiting for me when i returned from my trip. i can't wait to get it framed and enjoy it every day! you would LOVE paris - it is one of the most beautiful cities i have visited.

    ReplyDelete